Probiotics for dogs can be very beneficial. If you’ve had a pet—dog or cat—for some time, you might have discovered that one of the top 10 reasons bringIng your pet for health-care, is because of bowel problems. Most vets see pets with bowel problem every day.
Common problems include runny stool, inconsistent stool (changing from day to day), too solid stool. Inflammatory conditions in the intestine often cause chronic diarrhea in dogs.
Many bowel problems can be partly resolved by supplementing your pet’s diet with probiotic bacteria. Probiotics for dogs are especially designed for inflammatory conditions, yeast overgrowth and bacterial infections.
As with humans, each pet has unique needs and will respond differently to the same treatment. However, probiotics for dogs has proven beneficial in most cases. Here are common benefits of probiotics:
- Protect against stress (a main reason for bowel problems)
- Help to enjoy fully the companionship with the owner
- Improve overall bowel health
- Promote energy and vitality
- Control yeast overgrowth
- Improve digestion
- Remove toxins
Pets with stress related problems
Similar to humans, dogs and cats experience stress related problems. Stress has a negative effect on the gut health of animals and can in the long run cause more serious health problems.
There are many potential stress factors
Physical stressors: infections, hunger, lack of sleep, pain, allergies, lack of rest, chemicals, thirst, abuse.
Emotional stressors: lack of space, death, weather, in crate too long, frustration, visiting vets, lack of relationship, re-homing etc.
- Change of diet can cause bowel problems
- You being gone from home can cause frustration
- Poor diet, malnutrition
- Eating grass and sticks often cause temporary bowel problems
- Being bored; go for walks in new places, meet other dogs, play etc.
Adding a probiotic supplement your pet’s diet daily floods the dog’s system with good bacteria that help balancing the gut, eve reviving it. This can have a positive effect on your pets temper.
The best probiotics for your dog
Most research reveal that adding 8-10 strains will promote the most good so you should look for supplements with this many strains. It doesn’t mean that 1 or 2 strain is bad for you pet; it just means that the result can be more limited.
Equally important to the number of strains is the amount of bacteria in every serving. Some supplements will contain a few million bacteria per serving which is considered too low, others will contain 20 or 40 billion. In general, the more the better.
FortifFlora best selling dogs’ probiotics
FortiFlora is a nutritional supplement promoting a healthy immune system. It has great taste (for a dog!), is stable during shelf-life and is safe to use. The product contains…
- a bacteria strain of probiotic proven to promote intestinal health and gut balance
- a guaranteed amount of live active cultures
- high levels of antioxidants (vitamins A, E, and C)
How does it work?
FortiFlora may help in situations like the following:
- Stressful situations such as boarding or change in home environment
- Diet change or consumption of inappropriate foods
- Soft stool in puppies
- Antibiotic therapy
Probiotics for dogs and other pets is a simple, safe and non-intrusive way to keep your pet healthy and happy.