Probiotics for dogs can be save much time and worry. Why? If you’ve had a pet for some time, you probably discovered that bowel problems is one of the top five reasons for bringing your pet to a vet.
Common problems include runny or too solid stool, inconsistent stool (changing from day to day). Gut inflammations often cause chronic diarrhea in dogs.
Some bowel problems can be partly resolved by supplementing with probiotics designed for dogs to avoid inflammations, yeast overgrowth, and infections.
As with humans, each pet has unique needs and will respond differently to the same treatment. However, adding probiotics for dogs is beneficial in most cases. How so?
- Protect against stress (a main reason for bowel problems)
- Improve overall bowel health
- Promote energy and vitality
- Control yeast overgrowth
- Improve digestion
- Remove toxins
Pets with stress-related problems
Similar to humans, dogs and cats experience stress which has a negative effect on the gut health and can in the long run cause more serious problems.
Potential stress factors include the following:
Physical stressors: infections, hunger, lack of sleep, pain, allergies, lack of rest, chemicals, thirst, abuse.
Emotional stressors: lack of space, death, weather, in crate too long, frustration, visiting vets, lack of relationship, re-homing etc.
- Being bored
- Poor diet, malnutrition
- A change of diet can cause bowel problems
- Owner gone from home can cause frustration
- Go for walks in new places, meet other dogs, etc.
- Eating grass and sticks can cause temporary bowel problems
Probiotics help balancing and reviving the gut which often has a positive effect on it’s temper.
FortiFlora dog supplement
FortiFlora Veterinary Supplement is a nutritional used by some veterinarians and seems to work well. It contains the following:
- Probiotic bacteria
- high levels of antioxidants (vitamins A, E, and C)
- Many satisfied pet owners say it works well for a number of bowel issues
Probiotics for dogs is a simple, safe and non-intrusive way to keep a pet healthy.