Mojave Pure bentonite clay powder has many uses like in cleansing baths, face masks, internally for a gut detox, and even for pets. Many claim that the best clay is the calcium bentonite clay powder from the Mojave desert in California. This review is mainly about this particular clay prepared and sold by Earth’s Natural Clay. When used internally, it might alleviate a number of gut problems and promote the growth of beneficial bacteria.
Here’s a summary:
Earth’s Natural Clay Mojave Pure
The producer of Mojave Pure Clay is a small company supporting sustainability, fair trade, and integrity. They offer a selection of green calcium bentonite clay powder for drinking, baths, face masks, and even clay for pets.
Earth’s Living bentonite green clay originates from Death Valley, California, where it is sun- dried for up to six months. Fine clay powder boosts the effect and makes it easier to mix with water. The bentonite bath powder is 30% cheaper than drinking powder because it requires less processing. Otherwise, the contents are the same.
The following points contribute to trust in Mojave Pure Clay products:
- Surprisingly many testimonials from those using Mojave Pure, many on a daily basis.
- A nice selection of DIY educational videos and articles on how to use clay.
- Independent laboratory mineral and microbial analysis on the clay.
- The staff is friendly and quickly responded to my requests.
Summary: Mojave Pure Clay powder is versatile, safe and simple to use both externally and internally.
Mojave Pure Clay powder features
For comparison, we tested a number of different clays from other companies. We tried a few sodium bentonite clays and a Green French clay. They were all fine to use in baths and great for the skin. However, Earth’s Natural Clay did have some exceptional properties. Here are a few:
- It’s a finer powder compared to many other clays that feel coarser. Because of this, both the Mojave bath and drinking powder were easier to mix with water. Just shake it a little in a plastic bottle and you’re done. Other clays were harder to dissolve.
- Mojave Pure Clay was also easiest to drink, much due to the fine powder that makes the drink smoother and creamier. But it still has a dirty taste! After a few drinks we got used to it. We just gulped down one drink in the morning and one in the evening.
- The effect on the digestive tract was surprising. The Mojave Clay seemed to stabilize the gut; it just felt great to ingest. Just start off slow. During a month or so, we tried one, two, and finally three clay drinks per day which worked well.
- Preparing a skin paste is simple and and the all clays make the skin very smooth and supple. It’s absolutely wonderful for skincare, especially on problematic skin.
The Mojave Pure Clay is as excellent as it’s simple to use! We just love this stuff. It’s very versatile and easy to handle. A one pound bag is below $20 and the clay is worth every penny!
Bentonite clay and gut health
The main goal of this review is to ascertain the effect on the digestive tract. And calcium bentonite clay seems to promote the function of the gut.
When bentonite clay is mixed with water rated it carries a negative electrical charge. Toxins, bacteria, virus, and other harmful substances mostly carry a positive charge. Therefore, hydrated bentonite clay attracts like a magnet and bonds with positively charged harmful substances that get absorbed by the clay and is safely removed.
Th body uses the gut as a main exit for much waste so drinking clay water cleanses the colon by pulling out unwanted substances. Here are potential benefits of drinking bentonite clay.
- Growth of beneficial gut bacteriaBentonite Clay as a Natural Remedy (nih.gov)
- Regular bowel movement
- Heartburn, acid reflux
- Diarrhea, candida
- Food sensitivities
- Skin disordersBentonite on the improvement of infantile diaper dermatitis – PubMed (nih.gov)
- AntibacterialAntibacterial activities of clay minerals against antibiotic-resistant pathogens (nih.gov)
- Remove toxinsBentonite clay regulating the feed-to-tissue transfer of mycotoxins – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Liver detoxReview on Zeolite Safety and Medical Applications (frontiersin.org)
- Weight lossChanges in body composition, lipid profile – PubMed (nih.gov)
Summary: Bentonite clay cleanses the digestive system. It binds a number of toxins and heavy metals like led, aluminium, and mercury in the gut and shuttle them out of the body. Use internally for 3-6 weeks.Bentonite Clay as a Natural Remedy (nih.gov)Zeolite Clinoptilolite Medical Applications (under “Conclusion” (frontiersin.org)
How to prepare bentonite clay drinks
Use the 1:8 ratio. 1 part clay powder and 8 parts filtered water or spring water. However, start off slow maybe consuming only a few tablespoons. We prepare a bottle that we keep in the fridge. The clay tastes better cool.
- 1-2 tablespoons clay powder
- Mix the drink in a glass or plastic bottle; avoid metal as it can ruin the clay’s unique properties
- Drink bentonite clay on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or after meals or taking medication
- Begin by taking clay water mornings and evenings
- Drink more water throughout the day to flush things out
The clay taste?
Well, it’s actually not too bad. Most clays taste a bit oily, almost creamy in the mouth. Of the few clays we tested, Mojave Pure Clay was by far the easiest to drink. In any case, we just gulped it down without thinking too much about the taste. However, the benefits are very pleasant.