Mercola Ketoenzyme is designed for those on a high-fat diet like keto, paleo, LCHF, and similar. It is not uncommon for those on a high-fat diet to feel heavy after eating the main meal of the day. The Mercola Ketoenzyme aims to make fat digestion faster and a high-fat diet more pleasant.
My wife and I have been on a keto diet for a few years so we are aware that consuming more fat can for some cause gut problems.
Why the heavy feeling after eating?
- Switching from a high-carb diet to a keto diet can cause indigestion until the gut adjusts to the high-fat intake.
- Above age 30 many get an impaired ability to produce enough enzymes for digesting and absorbing fat (sometimes also protein and carbs). Therefore, a high-fat diet can cause the gut to feel heavy and uncomfortable.
- Ideally, a healthy gut should absorb some 95% of the fat consumed. But if absorption falls by 5-10%, it can cause a heavy feeling, acid reflux, constipation, pain, an unpleasant feeling that food remains undigested too long in the stomach.
- Some people heat only one main, heavy meal per day which can be hard on the digestive system even if the gut is working properly.
Summary: Not digesting fat properly can decrease the benefits of a keto diet. Adding keto enzymes is one way to promote a better digestion.
Mercola Ketoenzyme features
- Betaine Hydrochloride (HCl) increases stomach acid and supports a rapid and complete digestion of proteins and fats. Too little stomach acid often cause acid reflux, indigestion, gas, and bloating.
- Lipases (a blend of 3 kinds) are enzymes that support the gallbladder which must work well to digest fat. Lipases also break down triglycerides and promote the body’s usage of vitamins and minerals. In short: Lipases streamline the fat digestion process.
- Dandelion root extract contains kynurenic acid (an amino acid) which promotes the production of bile from the liver through the gallbladder. This is important for a good fat digestion.
- Globe artichoke leaf extract (Cynara scolymus) supports the liver, gallbladder, bile flow, and the digestion and absorption of fat.
- Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is a powerful molecule that signals the body to start the digestion process. ATP supports the intestine. In addition, ATP is an energy carrier essential for all cells in the body.
What about cost?
A bottle with 30 capsules is around $17. For those who take this once a day with the main, high-fat meal, a bottle lasts for a month. The low price makes it a good companion for everyday use. Some people report good result when combining Ketoenzyme with a full-spectrum enzyme. (see FAQ below).
Mercola Ketoenzyme works well and ingredients are of high quality! It’s effective when on a keto diet and makes digesting high-fat meals easier.
Gas, bloating, stomach pain, acid reflux, poor energy levels, irregular bowel movement, sugar cravings, and other.
Stress is a common reason. It causes the body to produce stress hormones that disturb digestion. Stressed people tend to eat too fast, not chewing food well. This can cause a lack of enzymes and stomach acid, both are essential for digestion.
Other reasons include a sluggish bile flow, a low thyroid function, and when the but microflora has imbalances.
No doubt. Avoid vegetable oils like corn oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, refined palm oil, grapeseed oil, rice bran oil, margarine, and many other. They contain too much omega-6 and the oils are often oxidized. These are highly pro-inflammatory.
Good fats include unrefined olive oil, coconut oil, butter, ghee, black seed oil, avocado, lard, almond oil, walnut oil, flax oil, walnuts, sesame oil, and others. Replacing poor oils with good ones can have a good effect on many body functions.
First of all, analyze the way you eat. Many fast eaters constantly play with their mobile devices during meals causing digestive problems.
Learn to eat slowly and chew the food well.
Eating slowly is especially important during a heavy meal. It’s amazing how many gut problems can be solved just by slowing down and chewing well. And it’s completely free! Chewing thoroughly gives the body time to produce stomach acid and enzymes that are necessary for a good digestion.
Yes, some report that this can solve some digestive issues. Here are a few suggestions.
1. Try adding the Full Spectrum Enzymes for Women (and vegetarians). This combination works best if you don’t eat too much protein.
2. If you consume more protein (red meat, poultry etc.), a better combination is Ketoenzyme with a full spectrum enzyme designed for protein.
3. Try adding fresh low-carb, vegetable juice. Fresh juice is packed with enzymes that support digestion. Recipes including lemon, apple, kale, and ginger are great for digestion. Try the excellent ginger shot.
Give enzymes a try
Many on a high-fat diet consume between 50-80% of daily calories from fat. Olive oil, coconut oil, butter, and ghee are popular alternatives. In most cases, Mercola Ketoenzyme will improve fat digestion and lessen digestive problems.
- Body Ecology
- Coconut Oil vs Olive Oil vs Canola Oil? The Latest Evidence
- Heating Cooking Oils (actascientific.com)
- Intake of saturated and trans unsaturated fatty acids
- Virgin Olive Oil: A Review of the Beneficial Effects
- Avocado Oil: Does This Modern Fat Qualify as Healthy?
- Oils For Cooking: Which Ones Should You Avoid?