Earth’s Living bentonite clay is a widely used healing clay. It is used in cleansing baths, face masks, and even drinking for a gut detox. Clay users claim that the best clay is the green calcium bentonite clay from the Mojave desert in California. This review is mainly about this particular clay prepared and sold by Earth’s Living Clay.
The interest in healing clays has grown as it seems to alleviate a number of gut problems and promote the growth of beneficial bacteria.
Earth’s Living Clay
Earth’s Living Clay is a small company supporting sustainability, fair trade, and integrity. They offer a selection of green calcium bentonite clay powder for drinking, baths, face masks, and even clay for pets.
Earth’s Living bentonite green clay originates from Death Valley, California, where it is sun- dried for up to six months. Earth’s Living drinking clay is mined to a finer 325 screen mesh. The finer the mesh the better the milling process. Fine clay powder boosts the effect and makes it easier to mix with water. The bentonite bath powder is 30% cheaper than drinking powder because it requires less processing and contains a bit less silica dioxide. Otherwise, the contents are the same.
The following points contribute trust in Earth’s Living Clay products:
- They offer independent laboratory mineral and microbial analysis on the clay sold on this website. The mineral analysis lists the natural elements in a given clay sample. The microbial analysis ensures the clay is free of contaminants such as E. coli, salmonella, yeast and mold.
- The company offers a wide array of information on clay uses. There are educational video materials, articles about how to use clay.
- There are a surprising number of testimonials from satisfied customers using bentonite clays regularly, many on a daily basis.
- The staff is friendly and quickly responded to my requests.
Living bentonite clay features
For comparison, we tested a number of different clays from other companies. We tried a few sodium bentonite clays and a Green French clay. They were all fine to use in baths and great for the skin. However, Earth’s Living bentonite Clay did have some exceptional properties.
Here are a few:
- It’s a very fine powder compared to other clays that are coarser. Both the bath and drinking powder was easier to mix with water. Just shake it a little in a plastic bottle and you’re done. Some other clays were hard to dissolve. However, making face masks was easy with all clays.
- Earth’s Living clay was easier to drink, much due to the fine powder that makes it smooth and creamy. But it still has a dirty taste! After a few drinks you get used to it. We just gulped down one drink in the morning and one in the evening.
- The effect on the digestive tract was immediate. The bentonite clay seems to stabilize the gut. However, consuming more for a stronger effect might not be the best. Start off slow. We tried one, two and three clay drinks per day.
- Preparing a skin paste is very simple. The skin turns really smooth and supple.
Excellent healing clay! In fact, we were surprised how versatile and simple to use it is. The green calcium bentonite clay from Earth’s Living Clay is definitely a top healing clay.
The cost for a one pound bag is less than $20. It depends on how you plan to use the clay how long it will last. To make face masks, it will last much longer than if you plan to use the clay in baths.
Bentonite clay and gut health
The main goal of this review is to ascertain the effect on the digestive tract. Does calcium bentonite clay promote the function of the gut?
Yes, it seems to have a good effect.
When bentonite clay is mixed with water rated it carries a negative electrical charge. But toxins, bacteria, virus and other harmful substances mostly carry a positive charge. Therefore, hydrated bentonite clay will like a magnet attract and bond with positively charged harmful substances that get absorbed by the clay and safely removed from the body in the stool. This is the explanation why bentonite clay help solve many different gut issues.
Potential gut benefits:
- Promoting growth of beneficial gut bacteria
- Removal of metals and other toxins
- Promotes regular bowel movement
- Excellent for heartburn, acid reflux
- Effective for diarrhea, Candida
- Reducing food sensitivities
- Alleviating skin disorders
- Liver detox
Th body uses the gut as a main exit for waste. Drinking clay water cleanses the colon by pulling out unwanted substances. But clay does not absorb nutrients from food or beneficial gut bacteria.
How to prepare clay drinks:
Use the 1:8 ratio. 1 part clay powder and 8 parts filtered water or spring water.
- 1-2 tablespoons clay powder
- Mix the drink in a glass or plastic bottle; avoid metal as it can ruin the clay’s unique properties
- Drink bentonite clay on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or after meals or taking medication
- Try a clay drink morning and evening
- Drink more water throughout the day
Well, it’s actually not too bad. The calcium bentonite we tried was a bit oily, almost creamy in the mouth. Of all clays we tried, Earth’s Living Clay was the easiest to drink. In any case, we just gulped it down without thinking so much about the taste. The effect is indeed pleasant.