Dr Mercola Complete Probiotics has been a favorite for a long time. Dr. Mercola’s enthusiasm for probiotics is well known and his Complete Probiotics supplement has received praise from consumers and in independent lab tests. After using this supplement for one year, I’ve got a good idea what to write about it.
Mercola Complete Probiotics
It does not take much research to realize that Dr. Mercola sticks to high manufacturing principles. He has included high quality bacteria and in large quantities in his New Complete Probiotics.
It’s backed by academic and scientific research including patents, trademarks, and awards. There are also independent lab tests done that confirm the potency and quality of his probiotic supplements.
Summary of features
- Contains the super-strain Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1
- Non-dairy, free of soy, corn, wheat, gluten, non-GMO
- Resistant for bacteria to reach the small intestine
- Stable at room temperature for at least 2 years
- Contains 70 billion bacteria in one capsule
- Includes fructooligosaccharide, a prebiotic
- 10 well-researched bacteria strains
- Capsules are vegetable-based
Mercola Complete Probiotics contains Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 (end of post.) which has unique properties.
When I first tested this supplement years back, I had a problematic gut so I was a good guinea pig. The positive effect became noticeable after about a week and reached a maximum after about a month. The effect was a more stable digestive tract, regular bowel movement, and an overall pleasant feeling.
Many satisfied customers report a positive experience from using Mercola Complete Probiotics which is a good sign.
What about cost?
The large bottle with 90 capsules is around $73.00.
The recommended daily serving is one capsule. However, some have noticed that after taking a capsule for a month or so, they are able to go down to one capsule every second day and still get the desired effect. This way the price gets more attractive. You can also try stopping for a few weeks and start again.
Additional Mercola Probiotics
Complete Probiotics for Women. Check price. An adapted version of the standard Complete Probiotics. Research has revealed that women respond to certain bacteria more than men, especially weight loss.
Mercola Probiotic Packets for Kids. Check price. The packets are prepared to just open and swallow. Contains a lower CFU that might be better for kids. Contain no sugar but are delicious with fruity raspberry, strawberry and lemon taste. The packets can be taken as is or mixed with water or juice.
Complete Probiotics Powder Packets. Check price. For adults who dislike capsules. Same formula as the Complete Probiotics capsules. Delicious, fruity taste, feels refreshing.
L. acidophilus DDS-1
All of Dr Mercola Probiotic supplements contain the bacterium Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1. Why is this noteworthy?
L. acidophilus DDS-1 is a highly effective strain. There are other strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus, just without the extension DDS-1.
L. acidophilus DDS-1
- Very sturdy and resistant for intestinal survival
- Adapts exceptionally well to the body
- Strong effect on the digestive system
- Produces large quantities of lactase
- Easily colonizes the gut
Studies on DDS-1
- In 2010, a major health centre conducted a review on DDS-1 and bowel health. After 60 days of treatment, most subjects showed significant improvement in abdominal health, bloating, and elimination irregularities.
- 2003: L. acidophilus DDS-1 support the epithelial cell lines
- 1997: In animal research, DDS-1 was shown to support the production of immune components. DDS-1 performed better than three other strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum.
Mercola Complete Probiotics are high-quality supplements and are suitable for most people with mild gut problems.