Bio-Kult Advanced Probiotic Formula was developed by a team of respected nutritional specialists including Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride. She is known for her research and treatment of a wide range of disorders using natural approaches.
Bio-Kult is an Amazon’s Choice supplement and very popular. It’s used by sufferers of IBS, Candida, urinary tract infections, and inflammations. Have a look at the features of this supplement.
I’ve tried to make this summary as short as possible for an easier overview.
- 14 strains of probiotic bacteria (list at end of post). It’s an impressive collection!
- Bacteria are protected by the capsule from the acid environment in the stomach so they colonise the digestive tract.
- Can be stored at room temperature which is convenient.
- Bio Kult is fine for vegetarians and lactose intolerant people. It can contain traces of soy and milk products, though levels are too low to be harmful for most people.
- Is non-GMO, contains no gluten, eggs or nuts.
- Each capsule contains over 2 billion probiotic microorganisms (10 billion per gram). This is satisfactory.
- Bio-Kult is recommended during a GAPS diet.
- Many satisfied costumers report a improved digestive tract and lower inflammations.
- Awards: Bio-Kult was named best supplement and herbal product by readers of Natural Pharmacy Business magazine for two years.
The large package with 120 capsules cost around $36. This is an appealing price considering that Bio-Kult contains 14 potent bacteria strains.
It is a well-composed supplement containing a great variety of probiotic bacteria. The creators of Bio-Kult include well qualified nutritional specialists. It can be used by most people for a wide range of digestive problems. Many satisfied customers add trust to this brand. Highly recommended!
How to take
This depends on individual needs. But it’s wise to start with one capsule once or twice per day. The dose can be increase to four capsules per day, for example when on antibiotics. However, take the probiotics at a different time away from antibiotics.
Bio-Kult Candéa. Amazon’s Choice supplement. Contains garlic and grapefruit seed extract that strengthens and widens the effect of the probiotic bacteria. Excellent for yeast overgrowth. It contains seven bacteria strains (1 billion CFU per capsule). The capsules can be pulled apart and the powder used on food or in drinks.
It contains the following:
- Garlic (60mg) effective for Candida and other harmful microorganisms
- Grapefruit seed extract (130 mg) effective against yeasts and mold
- L. casei, L. rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, L. delbrueckii ssp. Bulgaricus, S. thermophilus, B. breve, B. longum
Bio-Kult Pro-Cyan. Amazon’s Choice supplement. Formula with cranberry extract, bacteria and vitamin A. Beneficial for urinary tract infections caused by E.coli and other bacteria. Some say this works well. Each capsule has the following:
- Cranberry extract (18 mg)
- Vitamin A (retinyl acetate 160 mcg): Supports mucous membranes in urinary tract
- Two bacteria strains (500 million CFU): L. acidophilus, L. plantarum
Bio-Kult Infantis. Amazon’s Choice supplement. A formula aimed to benefit gut health of infants and children. In 2014 Bio-Kult Infantis was awarded Best New Product by readers of True Health magazine. It contains seven strains of live probiotic bacteria, generous amounts of omega 3 (DHA + EPA powder) and vitamin D3. It can be mixed with milk, water or food. The formula aims to prevent allergies, colds and inflammatory conditions.
This list the 14 bacteria included in the standard supplement. Many can be found naturally in fermented foods. However, when combined they work in synergy and produce much more than can be reflected in this table.
|Streptococcus thermophilus||High potency colture to maintain intestinal flora|
|Lactococcus lactis||Found in raw yogurt, supports a healthy immune response|
|L. salivarius||Promotes intestinal and oral health|
|L. rhamnosus||Promotes destruction of harmful bacteria; aids in digestion of lactose|
|L. plantarum||Found in kimchi and fermented vegetables|
|L. helveticus||Prevents growth of bad bacteria; anti inflammatory.|
|L. delbrueckii bulgaricus||Used as a starter to make yogurt, fermented milk, and cheese|
|L. casei||Promotes growth of beneficial bacteria|
|L. acidophilus||The most commonly used probiotic bacteria; produces lactic acid and hydrogen peroxide.|
|Bacillus subtilis||Commonly found in soil; tolerates extreme environmental conditions|
|B. longum||Used to relieve anxiety; keeps gut running smoothly|
|B. infantis||Produces thiamine, nicotinic acid, B12, biotin, and folic acid|
|B. breve||Used to prevent diarrhea, allergies, gas, and IBS; produces lactic acid and acetic acid.|
|B. bifidum||Aids in the synthesis of B-complex and vitamin K|