Acidophilus Pearls has long been a popular probiotic supplement. It’s often easier to review a widely used supplement because there’s much inflammation available and many comments from customers will give a strong indication of the quality.
Besides the standard supplement, Enzymatic Therapy also offers a range of other probiotic supplements. And even though this review is mainly about the standard supplement, Acidophilus Pearls, I also briefly comment on a few additional ones. This way, you can to see what they offer and hopefully find what you’re looking for.
Acidophilus Pearls features
Acidophilus Pearls contains two well-studied and stable bacteria. Over 75 years of published research shows that both bacteria are potent and very effective in maintaining a healthy intestinal flora. These same bacteria are found in yogurt and fermented vegetables.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus produces lactic acid and hydrogen peroxide. This bacterium effectively compensates for the bad effects of antibiotics; help treat constipation, IBS, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Bifidobacterium longum reduces anxiety in a process where signals are transmitted to the brain. It also promotes the digestive system to run smoothly and support the immune system.
Here are a summary of features:
- The Acidophilus Pearls are tiny which is good news for those who have difficulties swallowing larger capsules.
- Each probiotic pearl offer 1 billion CFU. One billion CFU might be a bit low. But they guarantee that all bacteria will arrive intact in the intestine. This is essential, otherwise you basically pay for dead bacteria.
- Acidophilus Pearls apply an outer coating to the pearls as part of what they call a True Delivery Technology system. This protects the bacteria from the harsh stomach acid so that the pearls can stay alive. The coating ingredients, pectin, and gelatin, are listed on the label and are completely harmless.
- The pearls does not contain artificial colouring, flavouring, corn, gluten, preservatives, salt, sugar, wheat, yeast. However, they may contain tiny amounts of milk, soy and fish. So if you’re sensitive to these substances, then choose another supplement.
- Acidophilus Pearls is a convenient way to obtain the same probiotic bacteria as found in yogurt, without having to consume yogurt.
- Many satisfied consumers report good results when talking Acidophilus Pearls on a daily basis. Many claim that the pearls lessen symptoms of IBS, high blood pressure, and other digestive problems.
Acidophilus Pearls reflect high manufacturing principles and is a well-studied product. The homepage is solid with good information about their products. And many satisfied customers is always a good sign.
Cost: $23 for a bottle with 90 pearls. Reasonable price!
However, recent independent lab reports indicate a loss of quality. This might be a temporary problem with some batches, which is common. Acidophilus Pearls has two problems: yeast contamination and a lower CFU count than stated on the label. However, I’m sure Enzymatic Therapy will quickly solve this problem.
Therefore, if the pearls work well in your case, don’t let my low rating stop you. Many companies occasionally produce a few bad batches.
In any case, Acidophilus Pearls will get a higher rating when further proof of purity and CFU is presented. And if you trust this brand, then I would rather recommend any of their supplements below. They all keep a high standard.
Additional Enzymatic Therapy probiotic supplements
These additional Enzymatic Therapy supplements contain 2-6 bacteria strains. As a general rule, go for the supplements containing more bacteria. Exceptions might be sufferers of chronic fatigue, candida overgrowth, and other severer inflammatory conditions. They often need to go slow, consuming smaller amounts to begin with.
A main reason for the effectiveness of these supplements seems to be a very good delivery system that keeps the bacteria alive through the harsh stomach environment. This is vital, since the benefits of the supplement are entirely dependent on if the bacteria are still alive when they reach the intestines.
Several of these are Amazon’s Choice supplements, which indicates a highly rated, well-priced product.
Dosing is normally set to one pearl per day. However, some customers report better results using two or more pearls per day. Each individual is unique. Try what works best for you.
Probiotic Pearls Women’s: Check price
- 1 billion CFU
- 3 bacteria strains effective for women– L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus and L. plantarum.
It is designed to support the urinary tract, suppress yeast overgrowth, and lessen digestive problems. There are many positive reports from women using this supplement, mainly for controlling yeast infections but also for an overall improved gut feeling.
Probiotic Pearls Complete: Check price
- 1 billion CFU
- 6 bacteria strains: B. lactis, L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, B. longum, B. breve, B. bifidum.
This is a more powerful version of the standard Acidophilus Pearls. The added bacteria provide an increased more comprehensive effect on the gut and lessen digestive problems like bloating, gas, and constipation. Many satisfied customers, also women, report success in connection with taking antibiotics, stomach virus, and a general feeling of well-being.
Pearls Elite: Check price
- 5 billion CFU
- 4 bacteria strains: L. plantarum , B. lactis, B. longum, L. acidophilus.
More bacteria often increase the effect. Many people report very beneficial results using Pearls Elite. It seems to cover a the needs of many sufferers of digestive problems like IBS, inflammation. They also lessen the side effects from antibiotics.
Probiotic Pearls Immune: Check price
- 1 billion CFU
- 4 bacteria strains: L. plantarum, L. acidophilus, B. lactis, B. longum.
The big difference with this is the lactoferrin, an immune-enhancing protein that seems to work very well in synergy with probiotic bacteria. The goal of this supplement is to strengthen the immune system. As 80% of the immune system is connected to the gut, this seems like a good approach. Good supplement during the cold and flu season.
Probiotic Pearls Adult 50+: Check price
- 1 billion CFU
- 3 bacteria strains, all from the bifido family. B. breve, B. longum, B. lactis.
Many people over the age of 50 have digestive problems because with age the digestive system slows down. For such bifido bacteria can be very beneficial. Many customers report great results with Probiotic Pearls Adult. For an even stronger effect, some combine this with another of the above supplements.