Now Foods Probiotic-10 is a popular probiotic supplement and a best seller on Amazon.com. Now Foods is a large, well-established and family-owned brand that started in 1968. They offer a wide range of natural products including vitamins, minerals, herbs, and natural foods.
Now Foods Probiotic-10 has been around for a while and has received good reviews for its purity, safety, and great value. Let’s check these claims.
Now Foods Probiotic-10 features
You can often get a good feel of the quality of a supplement only by reviewing its main features. This short overview reveals a well-prepared an effective probiotic formula free of harmful substances. Purity is essential for any supplement.
- The number “10” on the label refers to 10 probiotic bacteria strains. All strains are well-researched, safe and highly beneficial in combination.
- Now Foods Probiotic-10 is available in several strengths—25, 50 and 100 billion CFU. They all contain the same 10 bacteria strains, only in different amounts.
- The bacteria are from three different types, Lactobacillus (L), Bifido (B) and Strepto. (see list below). Diversity is beneficial for the gut.
- Now Foods says the bacteria are acid-resistant, however, I’m not sure what this means exactly. Probiotic bacteria tend to get damaged by the harsh environment in the stomach. However, Now Foods might have found a way to make the bacteria more resistant. Dead bacteria also have health benefits, but live bacteria are more powerful.
- In the past I’ve complained about the small bottles containing only 50 capsules, which is too little. However, Now Foods changed this so you now can get bigger bottles which is practical.
- Manufactured without wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients.
- It comes with a quality GMP assurance
- Certified Kosher supplement
- Suitable for vegetarians
Many customers say that Now Foods Probiotic-10 brings relief. This is a good sign.
Independent lab tests (by Labdoor) reveal that Now Foods Probiotic is indeed pure and has a solid nutritional value. Now Foods Probiotic has the hallmark of an effective probiotic supplement. However, it seem that the the amount of viable bacteria is not stable—some batches contain more, others less than stated on the label. This is not unusual, but it’s not good either.
Now Foods have employed an impressive army of experts—biochemists, microbiologists, nutritionists, food technologists, and product formulators. All their lab chemists have scientific degrees. It means that they’re serious about quality.
What about cost?
Now Foods Probiotic-10, 25, Billion. Check price. Two bottles (100 capsules) cost about $25. For most people, this will keep the digestive tract in shape. Mild constipation, gas, bloating can be eased.
Now Foods Probiotic-10, 50 Billion. Check price. A bottle with 50 capsules costs around $25.00. More bacteria enhance the benefits. It’s hard to evaluate a supplement after just a few days, rather weeks or months are needed to reveal long-term benefits.
Now Foods Probiotic-10, 100 Billion. Check price. One bottle with 30 caps is around $25. Now things can really start to happen in the gut. Great to bring on trips for a good stomach protection. Also good to take when on antibiotics to compensate for the loss of gut bacteria.
Excellent, good value probiotic supplement.
Now Foods Probiotic-10 is well-composed, manufacturing principles are high, the homepage is informative and helpful. Many satisfied customers add to the trust of this brand. Combined with an appealing price tag makes it well worth a try. When it comes to purity, safety, and quality you will not be wasting your money.
NOW Foods Probiotic-10 bacteria strains
- L. acidophilus
- L plantarum
- L. rhamnosus
- L. paracasei
- L. salivarius
- L. casei
- B. lactis
- B. breve
- B. longum
- Strepto. thermophiles