Acidophilus Pearls has long been a popular probiotic supplement. It’s easier to review a widely used supplement as there’s much inflammation available and many comments from customers that gives a strong indication of the quality and effectiveness.
Besides the standard supplement, Enzymatic Therapy also offers a range of other probiotic supplements. This review is mainly about the standard supplement but I also briefly comment on a additional ones so you compare and hopefully find what you’re looking for.
Acidophilus Pearls features
Acidophilus Pearls contains two well-studied bacteria. Over 75 years of published research shows that both are potent and effective in maintaining a healthy intestinal flora. The same bacteria are found in yogurt and fermented vegetables.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus produces lactic acid and hydrogen peroxide. This bacterium compensates for the effects of antibiotics and is used for constipation, IBS, and inflammations.
- Bifidobacterium longum reduces anxiety and promotes the digestive system to run smoothly.
Summary of features
- Acidophilus Pearls are tiny which is good news for those who have difficulties swallowing larger capsules.
- Each pearl offer 1 billion CFU. And they guarantee that the bacteria arrive intact in the intestine, otherwise you pay for dead bacteria.
- Acidophilus Pearls apply an outer coating to protect the bacteria from the harsh stomach acid. The coating ingredients, pectin, and gelatin, are listed on the label and are harmless.
- The pearls does not contain artificial coloring, flavoring, corn, gluten, preservatives, sugar, wheat, yeast. However, they may contain tiny amounts of milk, soy and fish. If you’re sensitive, choose another supplement.
- Acidophilus Pearls is a convenient way to obtain the same probiotic bacteria as found in yogurt.
- Satisfied consumers report good results when talking Acidophilus Pearls on a daily basis. Many claim that the pearls alleviates many digestive problems.
Acidophilus Pearls reflect high manufacturing principles and is a well-studied product. The homepage is solid with good information about their products. And many satisfied customers is always a good sign.
However, independent lab reports indicate less bacteria that stated on the label and also some problems with yeast contamination. This applies to the standard supplement but not to the rest below.
If pearls work well in your case, don’t let my lower rating stop you. Many companies occasionally produce a few poor batches.
In any case, Acidophilus Pearls will get a higher rating when further proof of purity and CFU is presented. If you trust this brand, I would recommend any of their supplements below.
Additional probiotic pearl supplements
These additional Enzymatic Therapy supplements contain 2-6 bacteria strains. As a general rule, go for the supplements containing more bacteria. Exceptions might be sufferers of chronic fatigue, candida overgrowth, and other severer inflammatory conditions. They often need to go slow, consuming smaller amounts to begin with.
A main reason for the effectiveness of these supplements seems to be a good delivery system that keeps the bacteria alive through the harsh stomach environment. This is vital, since the benefits of the supplement are entirely dependent on if the bacteria are still alive when they reach the intestines.
Several of these are Amazon’s Choice supplements, which indicates a highly rated, well-priced product.
Probiotic Pearls Women’s: Check price
- 1 billion CFU
- 3 bacteria strains effective for women– L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus and L. plantarum.
It is designed to support the urinary tract, suppress yeast overgrowth, and lessen digestive problems. There are many positive reports from women using this supplement, mainly for controlling yeast infections but also for an overall improved gut feeling.
Probiotic Pearls Complete: Check price
- 1 billion CFU
- 6 bacteria strains: B. lactis, L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus, B. longum, B. breve, B. bifidum.
This is a more powerful version of the standard Acidophilus Pearls. The added bacteria provide an increased more comprehensive effect on the gut and lessen digestive problems like bloating, gas, and constipation. Many satisfied customers, also women, report success in connection with taking antibiotics, stomach virus, and a general feeling of well-being.
Pearls Elite: Check price
- 5 billion CFU
- 4 bacteria strains: L. plantarum , B. lactis, B. longum, L. acidophilus.
More bacteria often increase the effect. Many people report very beneficial results using Pearls Elite. It seems to cover a the needs of many sufferers of digestive problems like IBS, inflammation. They also lessen the side effects from antibiotics.
Probiotic Pearls Immune: Check price
- 1 billion CFU
- 4 bacteria strains: L. plantarum, L. acidophilus, B. lactis, B. longum.
The big difference with this is the lactoferrin, an immune-enhancing protein that seems to work very well in synergy with probiotic bacteria. The goal of this supplement is to strengthen the immune system. As 80% of the immune system is connected to the gut, this seems like a good approach. Good supplement during the cold and flu season.
Probiotic Pearls Adult 50+: Check price
- 1 billion CFU
- 3 bacteria strains, all from the bifido family. B. breve, B. longum, B. lactis.
Many people over the age of 50 have digestive problems because with age the digestive system slows down. For such bifido bacteria can be very beneficial. Many customers report great results with Probiotic Pearls Adult. For an even stronger effect, some combine this with another of the above supplements.